Lavender Birthday Cakes

Anyone looking to make a lavender birthday cake or cupcakes?  Here are a few that I have made in the last few years.  The one above was for my daughter's first birthday party.  This was my first ever attempt at a fancy cake or with using fondant.  It wasn't as bad as I thought BUT I'm no Duff.  I love the taste so I'll be trying it again.  It was a Butter yellow cake with Dulce de leche between the layers and buttercream just under the fondant.  The little cake was special for the birthday girl so she didn't have to break through fondant.

The one below was my first experience using gumpaste.  I had tried these butterflies with fondant the year prior to no avail.  I had such big dreams.  I wanted all the butterflies to stand up on their own but I didn't realize the effect the humidity would have on it.  They turned to putty.  This year I used the gumpaste and they worked very well. They all sat so pretty in the frosting.  Each was dusted with a lilac shimmer for added sparkle. As if the purple sprinkles weren't enough. 





Hope I've managed to help someone with some pretty simple ideas.  Let me know if you have any questions and Happy Caking!